Well, Spring is making a wonderful showing of itself so far, and Hanna is taking the opportunity to get young Lucy used to the idea that Honey will be used as something other than a lawn ornament. Honey seems happy to get back to work, after her breeding break, and she and Hanna are getting to spend some special bonding time during the before-and-after brushing (and feeding) rituals. Sunshine on our backs, wind in our hair, and all is right with the world at Lilac Bay Farm!
Well! Yesterday this little colt was called "Nell" ... until we had another look under that tightly clamped tail, in the bright daylight! Now he looks like being called Tuffy ... and officially, Lunar Dude McFritz. We could change our minds half a dozen times before the paperwork goes through!
Tuffy was born on March 21st 2010 ... first day of Spring, and also my son John's birthday. It was a busy day, to say the least! Like all Luke's foals, and all Lily's foals ... this baby is already up for a scratch and a cuddle. Our Hanna gets stuck right in with the Imprint training, and we expect to see this little fellow in a halter (headcollar) without any fuss at all. We have not yet decided if Tuffy will be offered for sale, but please join us in welcoming him to the world!
K. Taylor Rhys
I'm bit of a Lonesome Dove myself, after the loss of Larry Taylor, my first love, who was an awesome horseman.
- Home (click)
- EasyCare Sheep (click)
Stallions Hub & Pedigrees
See All Mares (click)
- KC Jessi - Jessi (Retired) >
- New: KC Hollys Blue Moon - Kacy >
- Continental Lady Leo - Callie >
- Isabelle Image - Izzy >
- CB Hollys Blue Dawn - Pepper >
- Lilacs Ruby Moonstar - Ruby >
- Lilacs Poquita Steel - Qita >
- Codys Whizper Lace - Lace >
- Goldcats Jez A Belle - Jezelle (Retired) >
- Leos Steel Magnolia - Maggie (Sold) >
- Talawater Holly Lou - Tally (Retired)
- Nevadas Midas Touch - Honey (Retired) >
- Fritz Vanilla Pearl - Lily (Retired) >
- 2021 Foals
- For Sale List (click)
- Grown Foals (click)